TIPS: ON BEING A CAT
- Have at least three names: One for your family to call you, one for your friends to call you and one that is very dignified.
- Walk lightly, and always land on your feet.
- Preen yourself whenever the desire captures you.
- Look after your whiskers.
- Remember: You are regal, skilled, feline and fabulous – you can get away with it all!
- For silky skin, demand a bowl of milk from every house on the street you visit.
- Your workout routine is now just stretching.
- Give equal measures of intense love and disgust to all you meet.
- Hiss at anything that disturbs you.
- Curiosity may have killed the cat – but satisfaction brought it back. Always be curious.
LITERATURE: OLD POSSUMS BOOK OF PRACTICAL CATS by T S ELIOT
WATCH: THE CAT NAMED ‘CAT’ IN BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY’S
LISTEN: LOVECATS by THE CURE
Whenever this song comes on, I magically attain the traits of a cat and dance, dance, dance! L O V E C A T S!
LOOK: MISTER MISTOFFELEES CHARACTER EXPLORATION
After loving the music and finally seeing CATS the Musical we could not resist emulating our favourite Cat – The Magical Mister Mistoffelees! Check out the whole post here!
LUST: CHARLOTTE OLYMPIA KITTY FLATS
One day my pretty kitties, one day! Aren’t they the most gorgeous little flats ever?! Just the right mix of cute, surreal and kitsch to get me through every outfit, every day! Check them out here!
SMELL: BERGAMOTE 22 by LE LABO
This heady scent is like catnip for humans. A favourite in my perfume wardrobe, it always makes me feel incredibly boozy – insomuch that I am drunk on the fabulousness of life… Take a step into the world of Le Labo here and check out my other use for it in letter writing here.
THEATRE: CATS THE MUSICAL
On now in Adelaide! I was so excited to see the show – forever I have been humming the words to ‘Memory’ and ‘Mister Mistoffelees’ and finally I was able to see them performed in full glory! A classic not to be missed, for more info see this link.