Perhaps I am overdressed to some, but for me, I am just honestly expressing myself. Dressing is my art art form, my way of being in this world. I figure if this comes off as being over dressed, it doesn’t matter to me. What I get from dressing up is a trigger for my daily dose of happiness.
We can only rely on ourselves to find true happiness and there are so many things we can do to illuminate it. Being creative is a powerful one and so, why not do it through a necessary medium such as getting dressed each day? You are the canvas, your clothes and accessories are the paint!
With this perspective, you can make artwork daily. With daily creativity, comes daily happiness. Being prepared for a day as a self-expressed, creative and internally happy individual can transform your life.
- When you are dressed up for your day, there is a sense of “Anything could happen!”
- People will smile at you, Smile back!
- You already have your creative vision flowing by composing your outfit, this sets you up for a day of lateral and creative thinking.
- You are prepared for anything to come your way. A last minute party, a run in with a celebrity, street style photographer, last minute date, tickets to a fabulous performance.. no need to go home and change, you are already so fabulous and happy to be able to accept last minute events!
- You will give off all the positive vibes and receive them in return.
- You will boost your confidence in all areas. Dressing up can feel daunting. But – we can either spend our time worrying what other people think of us (as if that even matters!) or we can work on truly presenting our authentic, self expressed selves.
I have learnt from the likes of Ari Seth Cohen’s women in Advanced Style that dressing up, being ready for your day and not “giving a damn” is the secret to a long life, to happiness and to making a mark on this world. They may be over 65 but their wisdom, style and approach to life needs to be heard by every age. Check them out over at advancedstyle.com